Occupational Diseases and Injuries
Bergen County Toxic Exposure Lawyers
Fighting For The Rights Of Injured Workers In New Jersey
Workers’ compensation cases stem from two types of injuries: injuries that occur as a result of a specific workplace accident OR injuries that happen over the course of time, which are commonly known as occupational injuries. Either kind of injury can cause physical pain and disability, medical expenses, lost wages and other difficulties, and can be life changing for a worker and his or her family.
At Sheffet & Dvorin, PC, we fight for the rights of injured workers who are entitled to wage and medical benefits. Our attorneys are especially skilled at applying pressure to insurance companies and employers who refuse to provide proper medical care to employees who have been hurt. If you need medical care and your employer is refusing to provide it, contact us.
Types Of Workplace Accidents
Workplace accidents are traumatic, one-time events that cause injuries. Our firm can help you if you or a loved one has experienced a workplace accident such as:
- A slip-and-fall at work, on a construction site or in an employer’s parking lot
- An object falling from above
- A hand, arm or shoulder being injured in a machine
- A traumatic injury from lifting, carrying, bending, twisting or turning
- A work-related accident on a truck, forklift, Bobcat or motor vehicle
Types Of Occupational Injuries
Occupational injuries happen over time as a person performs his or her job. Examples of occupational injuries include:
- Repetitive stress from operating a press or other piece of machinery
- Typing and other repetitive hand and finger movements
- Exposure to chemicals
- Exposure to loud noise
- Dangerous fumes that result in damage to the lungs or respiratory passages
- Neck, back and shoulder injuries from many years of heavy work, including lifting, carrying, bending, twisting and turning
The attorneys of Sheffet & Dvorin, PC, handle workers’ compensation cases from inception to completion. This includes filing motions for medical and temporary disability benefits; attending pretrial hearings and conferences; conducting trials; and handling contested accident claims, denied occupational disease and repetitive motion injury claims, and insurance coverage questions.
Passaic County Repetitive Stress Attorneys | Contact Us For A Free Consultation
The Bergen, Middlesex and Morris counties toxic exposure attorneys and workplace injury lawyers of Sheffet & Dvorin, PC, are highly experienced regarding workers’ compensation matters. We can help you understand your legal rights. The firm offers free consultations to the injured, and we will come to your home, office or hospital room if necessary. Contact us to learn more.