Ethan Jesse Sheffet Esq.
Location: Verona, New Jersey
Phone: 908-403-8182, 908-755-8919 x 101
Mr. Sheffet is the founding member of Sheffet & Dvorin, PC. He currently handles a wide variety of personal injury, workers compensation, health care, commercial litigation and corporate transactional matters. He oversees the firm’s health care, commercial business and insurance defense practices. He has represented numerous physicians and health care providers as General Counsel, and numerous public entities in general liability and civil rights matters. He is the former General Counsel of the Borough of Roseland and Municipal Prosecutor for the Township of Verona. He has experience handling a wide variety of complex medical and legal negligence, insurance fraud, real estate title, personal injury and other general liability matters. He is admitted to practice law both in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Sheffet graduated cum laude from Rutgers University as a Henry Rutgers Distinguished Scholar. He was the recipient of a four-year merit scholarship, admitted to Rutgers College as a member of the Henry Rutgers General Honors Program. While there he became a member of numerous other honor societies including the history, political science and Golden Key National Honor Society where is was President. Mr. Sheffet was also a member of the Delta Sigma Phi national fraternity and served as a Social Chairman.
Mr. Sheffet received his Juris Doctor from the George Washington University, National Law Center, Washington, D.C., where he was the recipient of a Whitcomb Merit Scholarship.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Sheffet served as a law clerk to the Honorable Anthony J. Sciuto, J.S.C, who case managed all medical malpractice lawsuits filed in Bergen County Superior Court. During this clerkship he also served as part time law clerk to the Honorable Arthur Troast, J.S.C. and the Honorable Isabel Stark, J.S.C.
After completion of this Judicial Clerkship in 1992, Mr. Sheffet became associated with Bumgardner, Hardin & Ellis, PA a fifty-five attorney insurance defense firm where he worked under the Honorable Robert L. Polifroni, P.J.S.C. defending hospitals, nurses and doctors in medical negligence lawsuits. He also defended insureds and insurance carriers in general negligence including automobile, premises liability and Title 59, and insurance coverage matters. Thereafter, Mr. Sheffet was associated with Leonard & Butler, PA where he specialized in representing plaintiffs in medical malpractice, personal injury and general negligence matters as an Associate of E. Drew Britcher, Esq. In 1996 Mr. Sheffet formed his own law firm the Law Offices of Ethan Jesse Sheffet, PC. Thereafter, Mr. Sheffet was proud to welcome Joshua E. Dvorin, PC into his law firm that is now Sheffet & Dvorin, PC. Mr. Sheffet also served as the Township of Verona’s Municipal Prosecutor and Borough Attorney for Roseland while practicing with the firm.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation including Shareholder Disputes
- Civil Rights Law including Governmental Violation of Constitutional Rights, Discrimination against Individuals with Disabilities including Learning Differences, and Equal Protection and Due Process Violations
- Commercial Litigation including Breach of Contract and Collection Matters
- Corporate Law including Business Transactions
- Criminal Matters including Assault, Drug Offenses, Motor Vehicle Violations including Drunk Driving and Theft
- Employment Law including Sexual Harassment and Gender Discrimination, Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA) and Whistleblower Claims
- Health Care Law including Regulatory and Insurance Fraud Matters, and Licensing and Disciplinary Hearings
- Personal Injury Litigation on Behalf of Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Workers Compensation
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- New Jersey, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1993
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: Recipient, Whitcomb Merit Scholarship
- Rutgers University, Rutgers College
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Honors: Henry Rutgers Distinguished Scholar
- Honors: Recipient of a Four-Year Merit Scholarship
- Honors: Member of the Henry Rutgers General Honors Program
- Honors: Member of History Honor Society
- Honors; Member of Political Science Honor Society
- Honors: Member and President of Golden Key National Honor Society
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Anthony J. Sciuto, J.S.C., Law Clerk
- Honorable Arthur Troast, J.S.C. & Honorable Isabel Stark, J.S.C., Law Clerk
- Township of Verona, Prosecutor
- Bumgardner, Hardin & Ellis, PA, Associate
- Leonard & Butler, PA, Associate
- Law Offices of Ethan Jesse Sheffet, P.C., Founding Partner
- Borough of Roseland, General Counsel
- Delta Sigma Phi National Fraternity