Construction Accidents

Dover NJ Construction Accident Attorneys Fight for Your Right to Maximum Compensation When You’ve Been Injured

With the recent U.S. economic Recession in the rear view mirror, towns all across North New Jersey are welcoming new construction in the way of houses, shopping centers and roadway improvements. This is great news for South Plainfield, Woodbridge, Elmwood Park and other towns where people live and work. Unfortunately, with the good often comes the bad; construction sites are dangerous places where accidents can cause devastating injuries.

Whether you are a construction worker injured on the job or a passerby who was hurt on a worksite, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Sheffet & Dvorin will work tirelessly to obtain maximum damages in your case to cover medical bills, pain and suffering and more.

What Type of Accidents Routinely Happen on NJ Construction Sites?

There are strict guidelines for safety procedures on New Jersey worksites to ensure construction workers remain out of harm’s way. Additionally, signage, fences and other pro-active methods of keeping the public at a distance from dangerous work zones exist for obvious reasons.

However, accidents do happen. Sometimes it’s because of negligence; safety equipment wasn’t properly installed or completely unavailable. Or, equipment fails; scaffolding collapses can cause devastating personal injuries. Sheffet & Dvorin represent people injured in various types of construction site accidents, including:

  • Falls from rooftops and ladders
  • Scaffolding collapses
  • Forklift, bulldozer and other heavy equipment accidents
  • Missing or faulty safety equipment
  • Falling debris
  • Electrical burns and fire
  • Cave-ins and trench collapses
  • Slip & Falls

We’ll Determine Who Was Responsible & Hold Them Accountable for Your Injuries

When an accident occurs on a construction site, determining responsibility for what went wrong isn’t always simple. That’s because there are many people involved with a worksite. There is the general contractor who is in charge of the entire project and sub-contractors who handle their particular areas of expertise. These may include electricians, plumbers, roofers, heavy equipment drivers, etc. Additionally, sometimes an accident is caused by faulty equipment or defective products used on the site, such as scaffolding or ladders.

Regardless of who is responsible for the accident that caused your injury – from the equipment manufacturer all the way to the GC or property owner – the skilled personal injury lawyers at Sheffet & Dvorin will get to the bottom of the situation and hold the guilty parties responsible for the damage their negligence has caused you and your family.

If you are a construction worker and you get injured on the job, you can not sue your employer directly. Instead, you must file for Workers’ Compensation benefits to cover medical treatment, replacement pay and more. However, you may be able to bring a “third party lawsuit” if the accident was caused by someone other than your employer. A good example would be if your employer is the roofing company but the GC was responsible for managing the scaffolding. If the scaffolding collapses, you can sue the GC for damages, while also collecting Workers’ Compensation benefits.

If you are a passerby and get hurt on a construction site in Bergen or Passaic county, NJ – let’s say something falls off a roof and you are walking on the sidewalk below – you can likely hold several parties responsible.

Contact a South Plainfield Construction Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation

If you or someone you love has been injured in a construction site accident, it’s likely you are facing painful injuries and mounting bills. We can help. We believe the most important thing you can do is to talk with an attorney who is knowledgeable about construction site accidents and the injuries they cause. You concentrate on healing, allow Sheffet & Dvorin to investigate your case and seek to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.